I got it.
It crashed into me.
I know what I want to do.
A job that I 100% love and 100% will have fun working hard to achieve.
I want to be a director.
The above sentence actually took a lot of hesitation to write. I already know my parents won’t like it. It doesn’t align with my current academic education. And I have a sea of uncertainty.
But I also have a whole lot of excitement.
And now that I have found the job that I feel – I mean know—is 100% tailored to me, I realized that I missed all the signs that have been screaming this job.
- I love to watch films.
- All kinds of films, from different countries, in different languages and different genres.
- I love analyzing films!
- It started as just a required class in high school but the analysis of books and film opened a new world for me. I began to find connections between the first line of the book to why the character betrayed his best friend. I found myself looking at each shot of the movie to find foreshadowing elements. I wrote out time stamps in movies for each of the motifs. And I was disappointed that I couldn’t share what I found with anyone.
- I have a note on my phone with story ideas
- This list includes dreams and just weird but interesting plots that I want to read about.
- I sometimes see music as my own music video.
- If I relate to a song, I begin to see a potential story line of a music video play in my head. I write it down and reread it from time to time.
- MY HEART BEATS VERY FAST WHEN I FIND A POTENTIAL CONNECTION
- I remember one time in high school, we were analyzing Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr.Hyde and when I found a connection through the psychoanalysis lens I drew a chart and was beyond excited to share my thoughts with my teacher.
- When my ideal job finally crashed into me despite all these signs, IT JUST FELT OH SO RIGHT!! THIS IS MY JOB AND I WANT IT!!
Don’t ever settle for safety and stability. Find a job that makes you feel ecstatic and elevated so that you will never feel the urge to procrastinate ever again.
I am so excited, I don’t know if I am able to sleep!!!